Print Media Technician
The qualified candidate will use Adobe Creative Suite products to verify, modify or alter customer graphic files and images to make them print ready for the offset presses. Will check customer fonts, graphics, layouts and specified colors to make sure correctly configured for proper printing. Will output and assemble proofs. At times, will communicate with customer on file issues via phone or e-mail. Will assist in covering other areas of pre-press as needed.
This is not a graphic design or creative position.
Ideal candidate should have 2-3 years of experience working with Adobe Creative Suite. Must be proficient with Mac and Windows Operating System. Specific design knowledge for printing a plus. Experience with Enfocus Pitstop Pro, HP SmartStream Designer and QuarkXPress preferred.
Must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and handle multiple jobs at various stages at a time. Must be able to perform some mathematical functions.
Plan, specify, develop and coordinate the implementation and maintenance of quality system. Develop, conduct and monitor the necessary training to meet objectives. Assist operations in maintaining required quality standards by performing quality inspections throughout a job run as well as by performing final inspections on specified product, including verifying weight counts and completing daily reports and machine inspections.
· Create and maintain overall quality program
· Document existing operations - procedures and work instructions.
· Create or modify processes and procedures to be more standardize operating procedures and work instruction
· Create necessary forms for operators to use.
· Investigate quality issues and determine root cause.
· Lead corrective action process across entire company.
· Track and report performance results for various KPI’s - quality, safety, chargeable/ non chargeable, productivity, waste
· Audits production forms, documentation and inventory job ticket contents to make sure processes are being followed.
· Assists manufacturing in maintaining the required quality standards through ongoing inspection.
· Audits all operator processes against Standard Operating Procedures.
· Verifies product integrity to job specifications – structure, color, size, layout, etc. using variety of tools, measures and methods.
· Collects and visually inspects customer samples for color variance, size, and cosmetic defects before forwarding to sample area for processing.
· Identifies suspect product by completing and placing a hold tag on the load.
· Performs final inspections for specified customers.
· Implement procedures that promote safety and quality.
· Identify the need for and recommend equipment, procedures, and training.
· Work with operators and supervisors to understand processes
· Recommend and implement methods for improving product and service quality levels.
· Report nonconformance to operators or others, as appropriate, to expedite corrective measures and maximize quality.
· Work with vendors on quality related issues
· Spot checks work being produced in the pressroom and bindery
· Prepare written reports and provide notification to sales, management and possibly customers.
· Performs other job duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
· Must have high school diploma or general education degree (G.E.D). Must have an AA degree in quality, printing or related field or 5-7 years of print
related or quality related experience. Bachelor’s preferred.
· 3-4 years of experience, resolving conflicts, setting priorities, and working with customer needs.
· Have working knowledge of quality procedures
· Hands-on production experience is helpful but not required.
· Must be able to read a ruler, do basic math functions including using fractions.
· Must pay close attention to detail, be reliable and dependable.
· Demonstrated experience dealing with a quality program.
· Must not be color blind.
· Must be able to write procedures.
· Must be inquisitive, investigative and be analytical
· Must be able to meet deadlines in an environment where interruptions occur.
· Must be able to distinguish colors to inspect product - pass color vision and color hue tests.
· Must have ability to make quality decisions by relying on available information training.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft applications and ERP system.
· Must be willing to work long hours or off shift hours at times.
· Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
· Possess good organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
· Behave with appropriate demeanor and dignity.
· Learn processes and procedures as required.
· Ability to work independently.
2nd Shift Bindery Sheet Cutter Operator
The qualified candidate will review the job ticket and run the cutter to cut paper to the specified size. Previous cutting or printing experience preferred. Looking for a candidate with a solid work history with good attendance, a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Must be able to read job ticket, read a tape measure and lift 30 lbs on a continual basis.
Hours: M-Th 2pm – 11pm, Fr 2pm – 6pm.
Bindery Small Machine Operator - 1st and 2nd shift
Seeking individuals who want to learn to operate various small bindery equipment involved with the print finishing process. Primary equipment will include drill, punch, wire-o, shrink wrap, collator machines. Will also do hand work projects. Will be trained to run various equipment over time. Eventually will learn how to set up equipment for certain tasks.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, be mechanically inclined, have good math skills, be able to read a tape measure and have good troubleshooting skills. Must be able to lift 15-20 lbs on a regular basis. Must be a self starter with a good work history. Previous experience in a printing environment a plus.
With right skillset and attributes, potential to move into a lead role within the small equipment department.
Mail Machine Operator - 1st shift
Seeking knowledgeable and energetic people to join our company in our mail department. Looking for candidate to set up, run and troubleshoot various mail machines. Works closely with other departments on mail criteria. With right skillset and attributes, potential to move into a lead role within the mail department.
Candidates must have a high school diploma or GED, be mechanically inclined, and have good math and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to solve practical problems and follow written instructions. Must be quality oriented. Must be a self-starter with a good work history. Previous mail operator and postal regulations experience sought.