Quotes valid for 30 days. Over run allowance required 10%. Scheduled dates are based on prompt proof approval and may be adjusted if proofs not returned on the agreed time.
Additional Prepress / Setup Charges:
- $80/hr for all alts, corrects, page assembly.
- $100/hr for color corrections and adjustments.
- $150 flat fee for native application files (when PDF per Cedar Standards quoted).
Information on creating print ready PDFs can be found at https://www.cedargraphicsinc.com/pdf/
- $600/hr for press checks.
All prices FOB Hiawatha, IA unless otherwise specified. Quoted shipping and handling will be adjusted if the actual cost is different, multiple drop shipments are requested, or third party shipping is required. Additional charges may apply (tax, freight, postage, change orders, third-party shipping, drop shipments, credit card payments, etc.).
Additional Shipping / Handling Charges:
Shipping methods and pricing provided are assumed to be FedEx via our account.
- $1.00 each drop shipment address.
- $3.50 each package for shipped via third party UPS Account.
- $2.50 each package shipped via third party FedEx Account
- $10.00 handling for each International Address
- Postage and Shipments via USPS may require upfront payment / deposit
Items left in Cedar Graphics storage for greater than 30 days are subject to storage and fulfillment costs of $1.00 per square foot or $15 per skid.
Additional Payment Convenience Fees:
Cedar Graphics prefers payments via check or ACH. All credit card payments are subject to a 3.5% convenience fee.
For Cash in Advance customers, if paying by credit card, we will process your credit card on file any additional charges after the product has shipped.
Additional Printing Industry Standard Terms
The trade customs below have been in general use in the printing industry throughout the United States and Canada for more than 60 years. These Standards and Customs were originally made public and adopted by the United Typothetae of America in 1922. In 1985, they were updated and adopted by the Graphic Arts Council of North America
- QUOTATION: A quotation not accepted within sixty (60) days is subject to review. All prices are based on material costs at the time of quotation.
- ORDERS: Orders regularly placed, verbal or written, cannot be cancelled except upon terms that will compensate printer against loss incurred in reliance of the order.
- EXPERIMENTAL WORK: Experimental or preliminary (spec) work performed at the customer’s request will be charged for at current rates and may not be used until the printer has been reimbursed in full for the amount of the charges billed.
- CREATIVE WORK: Creative work, such as sketches, copy, dummies, and all preparatory work developed and furnished by the printer, shall remain (our) exclusive property and no use of same shall be made, nor any ideas obtained there from be used, except upon compensation to be determined by the printer, and not expressly identified and included in the selling price
- CONDITION OF COPY: Upon receipt of original copy or manuscript, should it be evident that the condition of the copy differs from that which had been originally described and consequently quoted, the original quotation shall be rendered void and a new quotation issued.
- PREPARATORY MATERIALS: Working mechanical art, type, negatives, positives, flats, plates, and other items when supplied by the printer shall remain (our) exclusive property unless otherwise agreed in writing.
- ALTERATIONS: Alterations represent work performed in addition to the original specifications. Such additional work shall be charged at the current rates and be supported with documentation upon request.
- PRE-PRESS PROOFS: Pre-press proofs shall be submitted with the original copy when requested. Corrections are to be made on “master set”, returned marked “OK” or “OK with corrections”, and signed by customer. if revised proofs are desired, request must be made when proofs are returned. printer cannot be held responsible for errors under any or all of the following conditions: if work is printed per customer’s OK; if changes are communicated verbally; if the customer has not ordered proofs; if the customer has failed to return proofs with indications of changes; or if the customer has instructed printer to proceed without submission of proofs.
- PRESS PROOFS: Unless specifically provided in printer’s quotation, press proofs will be charged for at current rates. An inspection sheet of any form can be submitted for customer approval, at no charge, provided customer is available at the press during the time of the make-ready. Lost press time due to customer delay, or customer changes and corrections, will be charged at current rates.
- COLOR PROOFING: Because of differences in equipment, processing, proofing substrates, paper, inks, pigments, and other conditions between color proofing and production pressroom operations, a reasonable variation in color between color proofs and the completed job shall constitute acceptable delivery.
- OVER-RUNS & UNDER-RUNS: Over-runs or under-runs not to exceed ten percent (10%) on quantities ordered or the percentage agreed upon, shall constitute acceptable delivery. Printer will bill for actual quantity delivered in this tolerance. If customer requires guaranteed exact quantities, the percentage tolerance must be doubled.
- CUSTOMER’S PROPERTY: The printer will maintain fire, extended coverage, vandalism, malicious mischief, and sprinkler leakage insurance on all property belonging to the customer, while such property is in the printer’s possession; printer’s liability for such property shall not exceed the amount recoverable from the such insurance. Customer’s property of extraordinary value shall be insured through mutual agreement.
- DELIVERY: Unless otherwise specified, the price quoted is for a single shipment without storage FOB local customer’s place of business, or FOB printer’s platform for out-of-town customers. Proposals are based on continuous and uninterrupted delivery of complete order, unless specifications distinctly state otherwise. Changes related to delivery from customer to printer, or from customer’s supplier to printer, are not included in any quotations unless specified. Special priority pick up or delivery service will be provided at current rates upon customer’s request. Materials delivered from customer or (customer’s) suppliers are verified with delivery ticket as to cartons, packages, or other items shown only. The accuracy of quantities indicated on such ticket cannot be verified and printer cannot accept liability for shortage based on supplier’s tickets. Title for finished work shall pass to the customer upon delivery to carrier at shipping point or upon mailing of invoices for finished work, whichever comes first.
- PRODUCTON SCHEDULES: Production schedules will be established and adhered to by customer and printer, provided that neither shall incur and liability or penalty for delays due to state of war, riot, civil disorder, fire, labor trouble, strikes, accidents, energy failure, equipment breakdown, delays of suppliers or carriers, action of Government or civil authority, and acts of God or other causes beyond the control of customer or printer. Where production schedules are not adhered to by the customer, final delivery date(s) will be subject to renegotiation.
- CUSTOMER-FURNISHED MATERIALS: Paper stocks, inks, camera-ready copy, film, color separations, and other customer furnished material shall be manufactured, packed, and delivered to printer’s specifications. Additional costs due to delays or impaired production caused by specification deficiencies shall be charged to the customer.
- TERMS: Payment shall be whatever was set forth in the quotation or invoice unless otherwise provided in writing. Claims for defects, damages, or shortages must be made by the customer in writing within a period of fifteen (15) days after delivery of all or any part of the order. Failure to make such a claim within the stated period shall constitute irrevocable acceptance and an admission that the customer fully complies with terms, conditions, specifications.
- LIABILITY: Printer’s liability shall be limited to stated selling price of any defective goods, and shall in no event include special or consequential damages, including profits (or profits lost). As security for payment of any sum due or due to become due under terms of any Agreement, printer shall have the right, if necessary, to retain possession of and shall have lien on all customer property in printer’s possession including work in progress and finished work. The extension of credit or acceptance of notes, trade acceptance, or guarantee of payment shall not affect such security interest and lien.
- INDEMNIFICATION: The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless the printer from any and all loss, cost, expense, and damages (including court costs and reasonable attorney fees) on account of any or all manner of claims, demands, actions, and proceedings that may be instituted against the printer on grounds alleging that the said printer violates any copyrights or any proprietary right of any person, or that it contains any matter that is libelous or obscene or scandalous, or invades any person’s rights to privacy or other personal rights, expect to the extent that the printer contributed to the matter. the customer agrees, at the customer’s own expense, to promptly defend and continue the defense of any such claim, demand, action, or proceeding that may be brought against the printer, provided that the printer shall give to the customer such reasonable time as to exigencies of the situation may permit in which to undertake and continue defense thereof.